Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Roasted Broccoli

 I've never been much of a picky eater, but as a child, I did not like broccoli. It's still not my favorite, but I've grown to appreciate these little trees. And, last week at Costco, while we were standing in front of a giant bag of broccoli, I discovered that Bradford loves it. So, we eat broccoli. 

This is my favorite, fool-proof and simple way to cook broccoli.

INGREDIENTS:
fresh broccoli 
olive oil
salt & pepper
DIRECTIONS:

Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Spread broccoli evenly on a baking pan. (For easier clean-up lay a sheet of foil on the pan first.) Drizzle broccoli with olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper on top. Using tongs or a spoon, mix broccoli until olive oil is evenly distributed.

Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.

*For a different variation: With 2 minutes left of baking, sprinkle broccoli with cheddar cheese.

No comments: