It's been another great year full of cooking, learning, and discovering. Below is a list of my favorite new recipe discoveries from 2011. Click here to see my top 10 list for 2010.
1. Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos - these are a definite crowd-pleaser and the perfect accompaniment to any television sporting event. They can be eaten as an appetizer, or served with rice and beans for dinner.
2. Catherine's Enchiladas - these are an original Mangoes & Lemons creation and a recipe that I've repeated several times. Also a crowd pleaser, these enchiladas are filling, delicious, and great for a hungry crowd. They can also be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge until ready to bake.
3. Crash Hot Potatoes - The Pioneer Woman did it again with these delicious, savory, crispy potatoes. The ingredients are simple, but the method turns ordinary potatoes into an extraordinary treat.
4. Creamy White Bean Chili - If I was ranking these 10 recipes, this would probably be #1. For about a month, I was making this dish once a week. I've finally given it a longer rotation, but this recipe is yummy, filling, and healthy, AND it actually makes me excited a little happy about having cold weather.
5. Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake - this divine, moist bundt cake is the perfect recipe for a brunch. Last week, I made it with raspberries instead of strawberries and brought it to a baby shower. It was a hit. Now, I'm dying to try it with blueberries.
6. Ina Garten's Lemon Chicken Breast - I feel like any home cook should have this in his/her arsenal. A classic, baked chicken recipe that doesn't dry out the meat. This would be great accompanied with crash hot potatoes.
7. Linda Schlauder's Famous Orange Rolls - Seeing as these rolls were the star of both my Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners this year, it's easy to see why this made the cut. Just thinking about these rolls makes me wish I had one (or 3 or 5) sitting in front of me.
8. Steak with Lemon Garlic Butter - Steak is a meat that doesn't need a lot added to it to make it delicious. This simple recipe partners three staple ingredients with steak to create and flavorful, juicy, and oh-so-satisfying bite.
9. Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies - this year, I learned to cook a lot more with whole wheat flour and I have been very pleased with the results. These cookies are very delicious. If you haven't tried them yet, do yourself a healthy favor and bake a batch!
10. Whole Grain Banana Bread - Another 100% whole wheat specialty, this bread is a simple, moist, and delicious breakfast treat that won't put a dent in your nutrition plan.